Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Update and Ramblings

Well, I've got about thirty minutes here before I get some kind of task to do. So here's a somewhat-brief update on things:

1. I'm actually learning to cook from the master of the house- my madre. Last Wednesday I got lessons in cornbread and one of my all-time favorites- fried squash. I know what you're thinking. "Fried squash? How can that be good?" Well, let me remind you that fried okra shouldn't be good- but it is absolutely delicious. Same kind of thing here. Don't knock it till you try it.

I also made lasagna last night. It was quite pleasing to the taste buds...

2. My car is out of commission for a bit. While driving to the prayer furnace Friday, I noticed something in the road. I was coming off the interstate, and by the time I noticed it, it was too late to completely avoid it. I pulled over and went to investigate what this item was in the road. Well, it was a light pole. Yes, a big, steel light pole. This other guy and I pulled it off the road, and I was hoping against all odds that nothing terrible happened to my car.

But my car didn't shift gears right. I'd step on the gas, and it would simply rev the engine. While the Lord has answered past prayers from Makar dealing with technology healings, it just didn't happen (despite some anointing oil). Turns out there's a hole in the transmission. I'm not a car expert, but it's looking to be around $1000 or so. Fantastic.

Of course, the whole thing could have been much worse, and I was thankful the Lord protected me as He did. I'm also glad I got the opportunity to move the pole out of the road and prevent other transmissions from catastrophic damage.

3. Study on humility with Valleydale senior guys is good. Its tough, and attendance is never super high- but the guys that come really want it. And I've seen a bit of fruit from it already. Like when Sam told me about this girl that he's gotten to share some of the Gospel with, and who has suddenly started texting him, looking for hope and meaning in life. He told her to read John 15:1-11 (Abiding in Christ, the vine)- the passage we had just memorized. And she broke down as she read it. Like, the Spirit moving as she read the word. How sweet is that? I was so proud of Sam, pointing this girl to Christ. Pray for this girl- Hannah Stine. Right now. Before you read another sentence. Ok thanks

4. Observation: I really enjoy storms. Watching the lightening flash, hearing the thunder rumble, seeing the wind bend the trees. It's fantastic. The Lord speaks to me a lot through storms- hence part of the reason for the blog name. Maybe one day I'll go more into that. But there have been incredible storms-a-plenty as of late.

5. The other night I went on a late night walk around the neighborhood lake. This is where I constantly went in high school, biking and running and just walking around. Its a bit of an escape, where I can get away from things and pray. The night time is always the best though. The Lord reminded me of a lot of things He's told me, and the identity He's given to me. That I am made to intercede, all the time. That I'm in Tuscaloosa for a reason, and He's got bigger plans than I can even begin to envision for the next semester. That I am a leader of leaders, whatever that means. And that I am loved by the Almighty, who placed the stars in the sky. I am loved by the God that created thousands upon thousands of galaxies to testify of His glory. I am loved by the perfect God that sent His Son as a ransom for many. Hallelujah.

Well, there's my 30 minutes. I haven't forgotten about my promise to address legalism vs grace- give me a few days and I'll come back to it.

One last thing- God is good. Mmhmm

2 comments: