Thursday, July 2, 2009

Snippets of things

I don't have time to do a long post, but I wanted to put a few things out there:

-> I need to be more disciplined. While it is extremely difficult for me, I must get into the habit of waking up at 5 AM for time with the Lord. It makes the day so much better, and must be a discipline for my life. Although, not always necessarily 5... just before I do anything else

-> I definitely can't do a desk job in my life. Whatever I do, I have to be moving and talking with people and having a change of scenery, or something. I can't deal with a lack of personal interaction for long periods of time

-> Scripture memorization is incredible. I've been working on it with some senior high school guys, and its been super good. We've done John 15:1-11, Philippians 2:1-11, Psalm 23, and Colossians 3:1-17. I wish I had started memorizing when I was younger

-> Props to all that have dealt with me complaining about my current co-op stuff. This list would include Philip Waters, Trey Cartledge, Danny Feltham, Bubba Bowen, Mateo and Cherene Melendez, and others.

-> I need to learn how to trust the Lord more. As in, not worry that I've made the wrong decision or that I'm going to miss something in the future or whatever. I need to seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. And take each day one step at a time. And trust the Lord has my steps planned and that He only has good for me

-> All that said, I'm ready for summer to be done. This has been much different than I had anticipated, and I'm really looking forward to being back in Tuscaloosa. Crazy enough, I think I'll have more rest and peace in the midst of the college lifestyle than I do right now...

-> I really enjoy talking with Mateo and Cherene. They are so nice, and they know me incredibly well. I'm not sure I'll take all their advice, but the other night I got to their place at 8 and left at 4:30 the next morning. Stuff about being confident in the Lord's leadership, what my thought tendencies are, and all sorts of other things. They also make extremely good cake

1 comment:

  1. haha, I feel like I just throw-up on people about co-opping as well.

    We'll make it.

    ReplyDelete